We all need an essential tune-up from time to time to keep us in good health. The same applies to our boiler. By regularly servicing your boiler, you’ll ensure that it’s working both safely and efficiently.
If you have your boiler checked once a year you’re more likely to spot and fix small issues before they turn into big problems. Those big problems could potentially cost thousands to fix, or could even pose a serious health risk to you and your family. So having your boiler serviced annually really is a no brainer.
Landlords are legally obliged to provide their tenants with an annual gas certificate, proving that all gas appliances, including boilers have had an annual boiler service and are safe to use. Why wouldn’t you do the same for your own home?
Manufacturers recommend annual gas boiler service checks to ensure that your boiler is running properly and any problems are identified and resolved early. It’s worth reading the terms of your warranty as often they can be invalidated if you can’t prove you had a recent boiler annual service.
When is the best time of year to have my annual boiler check?
Many people get their annual boiler service done during the winter months. You know the drill – it gets cold so you adjust the thermostat and then start to wonder when your boiler was last checked, because your home doesn’t feel as warm as you’d like it to.
We’d recommend servicing your boiler during the summer months, to avoid these problems. We offer exclusive early bird rates to clients who make annual boiler check appointments before the busy winter months set in.
What if I don’t want an annual boiler service?
If you don’t book an annual boiler service, you’re at risk of a number of different things. Here are just a few reasons to prioritise that annual boiler check.
- HEALTH PROBLEMS: A faulty boiler is extremely dangerous – old, badly repaired, leaking boilers (and other gas appliances) can produce Carbon Monoxide, also known as the silent killer. Carbon Monoxide poisoning accounts for 50 recorded deaths in the UK each year. Read more about CO poisoning here.
- INVALIDATED WARRANTY: Check the small print. Manufacturers often stipulate that your warranty is invalid if you fail to have your boiler serviced annually by a gas safe certified engineer.
- BOILER REPLACEMENT: Unidentified, unresolved small problems can potentially lead to larger malfunctions. These cost more to fix in the long run, and can ultimately require a replacement boiler.
- HIGHER FUEL BILLS: An inefficient boiler means more energy squandered, which costs more money. Save money and reduce your carbon footprint by ensuring your boiler is running efficiently.
- FINES OR PROSECUTION: If you are a landlord with paying tenants you are required, by law, to have a genuine gas safe certificate for all gas boilers and appliances.
What Does an Annual Boiler Service entail?
- Boiler fired to identify any faults
- Check all main boiler components: burner, heat exchanger, spark electrode
- Check flue terminals and internal flue components are sealed properly
- Check that burner is burning efficiently using a flue gas analyser
- Boiler parts cleaned if necessary
- Gas tightness test conducted to ensure no gas leaks
- Boiler casing checked to see it’s properly sealed
How do I arrange a Boiler Service?
Calljustboilers.com today on 0207 32 32 999 to make an appointment. We offer a fixed price fee of £85.00 for a Boiler Service or £120 including the Landlord’s Gas Safe Certificate.